You might have heard countless things about Paris. You also might have been visited there more than once .But Paris is a city, spread over the banks of Seine River in Northern France brimming with many places to visit –from world known museums to less-known hidden gems. A visit to Paris can give you a completely new travelling experience. Now let us see the 5 best places to visit in Paris.
1. Eiffel Tower: This is one of the most popular places not only in Paris but in the entire France. It is a lattice tower made of wrought iron and built in 1889. It gets it’s name after an engineer named Gustave Eiffel .This is considered as the tallest structure in Paris -1063 feet tall with 3 levels open for visitors. The first 2 floors have restaurants and shops and from the top level we can see the magnificent and best bird’s eye view of Paris.
2. The Louvre: It is the most popular and most visited art museum and gallery in the entire world. It is situated in the heart of the city spreading over 21,000 hectares .This museum is located in a royal fort, also called the Louvre. As it is one of the most crowded tourist places in Paris, this exotic museum is divided into 8 sections which are-
- Egyptian antiquities
- Oriental antiquities
- Greek, Etruscan and Roman
- Islamic Art
- Sculptures of the Middle Ages, Renaissance and Modern Times
- Objects of art
- Graphic arts.
3. Notre Dame Cathedral: Notre-Dame de Paris, also known as Notre Dame, a Roman Catholic cathedral is located on the eastern half of the Ile de la Cite. The Construction of this Cathedral is started in 1163 and gets completed in 1345. The sight of this cathedral is the Gothic style architecture, amazing sculptures and gargoyles which fascinates every tourist. Its beauty lies in its domed shaped roof.
4. Arc De Triomphe: Arc De Triomphe is dedicated to the glory of imperial armies. It is one of the most known monuments in the world. It is an iconic symbol of French national identity and it took 30 years to build. Under the Arc De Triomphe, the Tomb of the unknown soldier of France is situated. Its beauty lies in its architecture that is so fascinating.
ALSO CHECKOUT: Top 5 Places in Canada
5. Montmartre: It is a hill located in the north of Paris. It is 130m high, having its name to the surrounding neighbourhood. The best known thing of Montmartre is its white –domed Basilica of the sacred Heart, at the top. It gets completed in 1919.This is truly a paradise for all the art lovers .This place is always an inspiration to the some famous artists like Claude monet, Pablo Picasso,Vincent van Gogh and many more.
ALSO CHECK IT OUT:
VALLEY VIEW HOTEL IN MUSSOORIE