Mahabaleshwar is one of the small towns that is situated in the state of Maharashtra. It is a part of the Satara district. For the individuals who don’t know about this spot, it is a hill station that is situated in the hilly area of Sahyadri. Indeed, Mahabaleshwar is the spot that is full of dense and lavish evergreen forests in the nation. While in times of British Raj period, this town was set out to be the summer capital in the region of Bombay. Mahabaleshwar is the source of the Krishna River that streams across Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and Karnataka. The incredible endless views of rolling mountains with cool and pleasant weather makes this place a tourist attraction. Check out Top places to visit in mahabaleshwar
The best time to visit this place is in the hotter seasons between March and May, as heavy rains in the most part starts from June through to September. Once you have arrived at the plateau of Mahabaleshwar, you’ll discover there is so much to do, enjoy and experience.
Also Read : TOP ATTRACTIONS IN LONDON
Places to visit in Mahabaleshwar
- Mahabaleshwar Temple- The temple is located around 6 km from the main city, easy to reach by nearby vehicle like transports/auto-cart. This place is surrounded by 5 feet high wall and divided into two parts central hall & Sanctum. You will discover numerous things of Lord Shiva in the temple.
- Elephant’s Head Point – This place is also called Needle’s Point, lies at the end of the mountain range beyond Lodwick Point. Looks like elephant’s head, this place is the most well known place of interest in Mahabaleshwar that offers the staggering views of the Sahyadri mountain range. The spot gets totally covered with greenery during rainstorm, that makes this place attractive and beautiful.
- Arthur’s Seat- Situated at around 13 km from Mahabaleshwar Market, Arthur’s Seat can be visited by taking the transport/travellers taxi from that point, that will drop you down at the parking. From where it takes 30 mins of adventurous trek to reach the point.
- Lingmala waterfall – Situated at a distance of 6 kms from bus stand in mahabaleshwar. The water falls from height of approx 600 feet. Lingmala Waterfall is visited by a great many travellers consistently as it is one of the top Maharashtra attraction places. The best time to visit is from July to October, when the waterfall is at its peak stream.
- Venna Lake- Venna Lake is a beautiful artificial lake in Mahabaleshwar surrounded by tall trees and lush greenery. It is one of the most popular tourist attractions in mahabaleshwar. The lake offers rowboats, and paddleboats ride to the tourists and horse riding with separate charges. Boating is open from 9 a.m till sunset.
check out VALLEY VIEW HOTEL IN MUSSOORIE